Tagline

God is Setting All Things Right. So I am Blogging Through the Bible in a Year.

Friday, January 11, 2013

January 11 - Job 29-31: Job Issues His Closing Statement

Today’s Reading: Job 29-31

The Message

English Standard Version

Thought to Guide Your Reading

Job’s lists of what he has done and not done are worthy of emulation.

Summary in 100 Words or Less

Job gives his final argument, “Oh, for the good-ole days when God took care of my family. I did everyone right. I wanted to die of old age, tired from my never-ending good works.
“But now I am worse than the village villain. Everyone despises me. I have no life in me. I shout for help but no one hears me.
“I do not deserve this mistreatment! I am willing to pay for my evil. But no one will present the case against me! Even the ground I work has nothing to charge me with. Let me know my charges!"

How Today’s Reading Contributes to the Gospel: God is Setting All Things Right

Job has nothing left to do but state his final case and wait.

Job’s words come to a heart-wrenching end. He has endured everything he could possibly imagine and more. The only thing left is to state his case once more and to wait. And so we shall.

What else did you see reading this passage? Questions? Comments? Leave a comment in the section below or on the Sonoma Mountain Parkway Church of Christ Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment